Theme/Style – Modernism, figurative art
Media – Sculpture
Artistic Focus – Little is known of this enigmatic artist. Her known work, which is rare, is bold and stylistically Modern.
Career Highlights –
- Anita St. Marie Champagne Hellman was born of Canadian parents in Massachusetts in 1891.
- Hellman moved to California in about 1912.
- During the 1930s, Hellman made her home in Alameda and exhibited at the Oakland Art Gallery.
- Her works are rare, and little else is known of this early woman Modernist.
- Anita Hellman later moved to Redwood City, where she remained until her demise in 1972.
Selection of Works by this Artist
Bibliographic references are available upon request.